did anyone see Oprah with Will Smith.

Did anyone else see the Oprah show where she and Will Smith were discussing the significance of Obama's election to their own personal feelings? what did you think of that conversation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I was busy barfing, thank you very much. I do remember however, one conversation when they were discussing his wealth and oprah said " it's great isn't it" and will was smart enough to not answer the question.
    Anonymous

• anon 1:26 please .....
    Anonymous

• I think Anon 1:26 is preggers, not barfing because of the election.
    Anonymous

• I think that if you look at the statstics the same number of white people that have voted for democrats in the past voted for Obama. Yet if you look at who among nonwhite people voted for Obama 97%. Now I understand the significance of a african american man running for president and fully support that. BUT, if people want race to not be a factor in this world isnt it just as wrong for 97% of non whites to vote for him as it would be if 97% of white people didnt vote for him. It should be about the issues not race!
    crazymamax5

Answer by crazymamax5 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Will Smith and Oprah were saying that until Obama was elected they never really believed they as African Americans could succeed in America. Is that really what they said.
    Anonymous

• They both have far more money than I will ever SEE, what do they call success?
    Anonymous

• oprah is a tool. she has so many women under her spell it is ridiculous! in the end, she is a rich black woman who cares for nothing unless it is a personal gain, or benefit. haha yea, african americans cannot do anything until we have a black president??? hm i am white, low middle class and they seem to be hell of a lot more successful than me! yea, the day people truly make this a non-racial issue is the day they stop harping on the fact that the man is black! duh!
    Anonymous

• crazymamax5: if you look at statistics, nonwhites tend to vote democrat period. it was not necessarily a vote because of obama's race.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'm quoting you,

"Will Smith and Oprah were saying that until Obama was elected they never really believed they as African Americans could succeed in America. Is that really what they said. "

WTH...They aren't successful, give me a break. He's not even black at least that's what all of you said before he got elected.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 1:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• As of 11-5-08 I no longer read about, look at, or watch anything associated with Oprah...so no ...I know nothing about what you are talking about! :)
    Anonymous