I was ovulating last night (& my husband knew) & we start doing the deed & he stops for no reason, got mad & says he can't get into it because of me!?

How am I suppose to feel about this!? I feel like he doesn't want to have a baby with me now. I wasn't doing anything to make him stop, unless moaning all of the sudden is disgusting to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Maybe he feels pressure, or has anxiety about a baby. Some guys find they don't like when sex has a 'purpose' other than just pleasure. I know for my dh, even when he was happy about the idea of having a baby, did not like the feeling of 'performing on demand.' We had to ttc for a long time and even though it was probably the most sex we ever had, it was also probably the least enjoyable sex we ever had. Maybe you could take more of the approach of 'letting nature take it's course' and next cycle don't tell him when you're fertile and just try to make it seem spontaneous to him.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• maybe he just got stage fright, sometimes people get a little weird when sex is about making a baby instead of about enjoyment
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• You need to get back to where sex is not about making a baby but actually having sex. Us women can turn everything into being mechanical and that does not work for a guy during sex. They don't want to stress about actually making a baby they just want sex to be sex.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Does he want a baby?
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 3:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• He told me he wants a baby, and we talked it over for a while. And looked at our finances. And everything.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yea I agree with Freela.. "baby making" can often take the fun out of "love making". Guys usually don't want to hear things like "I'm ovulating, LETS HAVE SEX" lol Maybe next time ovulation week approaches just put something sexy on and romance him without talking about those kinds of things.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2010