Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scheduled c section tomorrow morning... anything to help induce labor?

I am going in for a scheduled c section tomorrow morning. I was hoping that maybe I could do something to jump start my labor before I go in. I know it doesn't really matter if I am in labor or not. I will be 39 weeks and at 38 weeks when i was checked I was 1cm and they said the baby was really low. Thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by Bamzakarat at 4:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 13 (1,054 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • Why would you want to go into labor if you are having a scheduled c section? I dont understand what does it help?

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • I'd decline a c-section at 39 weeks and wait. If you're at 41 and there is still nothing going on downstairs, then maybe. EDD's are EDD's for a reason. They're not fully accurate. And 39 weeks IMO is early to do a c-section, unless you have a previous history with them and there is a medical reason why they're scheduling it.

    Answer by Razelda at 4:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • Well, personally, I'd way rather have my C-Section scheduled than not. I guess it depends on the reason for it, though. I was unable to birth vaginally, so I HAD to have a C-section. If you're going to have to have one regardless, wait. a scheduled one is much better.

    Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • I really don't recommend trying to start your labor if your scheduled to have a c section (especially if the c section is necessary). I say just relax and enjoy your day and evening because tomorrow alot of things will be changing =) Just my opinion

    Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • I had to have an emergency c section with my first. I wanted to try for a vbac but my doctor and I decided it would be better to have a scheduled c section.

    Comment by Bamzakarat (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • You should read the startling statistics with doctors and c-sections... And just how high the rate of c-sections are in the USA versus the rest of the world. There is a HUGE difference. Doctors use it for convenience so they don't have to come in at 1am, when you should really be able to have a chance to vaginally birth if you're medically able to handle it.

    Answer by Razelda at 4:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • There is no reason to go into labor now. You will have your baby regardless tomorrow, about noon.

    Answer by mistical_me at 4:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • Are you wishing you would go into labor to speed up your c section? B/c if you are still hoping for a vbac...if you have agreed on a csection your Dr will likely do it regardless if you are in labor or not.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • Yeah, this is really confusing. You agreed to the c-section, why do you want to go in labor? Now if you are trying to go into labor to avoid the c-section, that's different. I was in your position with my youngest baby. But I didn't agree to the c-section like you have.

    Answer by keisha613 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • You can still change your mind if you'd rather vbac. I do think you should trust your OB before you agree to anything. It can always be re-scheduled for a later date . You should be 100% comfortable with your choice. A positive attitude will make a world of difference too. You've done this before so you know what to expect. Good luck!!

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.