Do you believe....

in love at first sight?
And not just the love between a mother and child, but between two adults.
I knew I was going to marry my husband 9 years ago when we first met. It broke my heart when he dumped me for a girl he had a one night stand with, but after he figured out the type of person she was he divorced her and came back to me. We may have our troubles, but we are together, working on our relationship so that we can make our marriage work. I know marriage is no picnic, and I expected to have to work at it, but at least we're together like I wanted to be.
No I didn't save myself, hoping he would come back to me, I went on with my life and knew God would work something out if He truely wanted to give me this man to spend the rest of my life with.

momnstepmom

Asked by momnstepmom at 4:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband says that he knew I was "the one" from the first time he saw me more than 50 years ago. It took me a good bit longer to come to love him, and our love has continued to grow. Loving someone is really more about choice than about feelings, so I think that choice can happen rather quickly.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• No I do not believe in love at first sight. Maybe Lust at first sight.

Me personally, if a guy dumped me for some other female. He would NEVER get another chance to be my man/DH/SO. PERIOD.

Answer by louise2 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I believe in it. that's how I felt about my DH :D
    fairygurl91787

Answer by fairygurl91787 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Lust at first sight...you can't love someone you don't know and even then, it's tough.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I know alot of women want to believe in love at first sight but in my oppinion you can lust or even love there looks or love there personality but to me to be IN LOVE with someone you have to know who they are and what they are about ...What kind of charector are they its the little things that they do is what makes you fall in love with that person...sorry ladys
    kimmy77

Answer by kimmy77 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• in my defence, I knew my husband for almost a year before we dated, him choosing someone who he had a one night stand with took me for a complete surprise since that was not the person he had been.
    momnstepmom

Comment by momnstepmom (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010