HOw long should I let them play out in the weather...

It's 29 with a windshield of 15. Windy with snow flurries. They insisted on going outside so they are in coats, hats, gloves and a scarf tied around the ears. I set a timer for 15 min. That's long enough right? I mean it would be great if they could play longer but isn't it to cold for that? What would you do?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• You are right mom, it is way to cold although the young tolerate the cold weather better than adults, it is still to cold to play for long periods of time.

Answer by older at 4:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• maybe 10 mintues then have hot choclate ready for them. let them warm up and they could go back out. My daughter wanted to play in the rain with the snow.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 4:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• You have to consider the risk of frostbite when it's very cold. Depending on the age of your children, they might ignore the cold and put themselves in danger. There really is no right or wrong, but you definitely need to be careful.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2010