I added too much water to my beef and noodle soup and ran out of beef broth and cubes, how do I save it from being bland?

Winter1derland

Asked by Winter1derland at 4:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Salt and pepper will do the trick and if you want to thicken it a bit use a tbs of cornstarch, dissolved in some water, and add it while it boils.

Answer by older at 4:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Do you have any onion soup mix, or flavorings that comes in boxes like "beef flavored rice"? Any ramen noodles with the flavor packets? You can also add a bunch of spices & a lil extra salt.

You can use those flavor packets for just about anything.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• If you have any potatoes, chop up one or two and add to your soup. The potatoes will make your soup even more hearty and will also serve as a thickening agent.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• throw some brown gravy in there, (the dry packs will be perfect) this will thicken it and give it a delicious flavor
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 4:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• These are all such good answers. Our grocery day is tomorrow and I can't find any pack of any kind of flavor or seasoning anywhere =( I have found an entire stash of candy on the top shelves of my cupboard though..
    We always have our noodle soup with a scoop of mashed potatoes under it and am hoping that will thicken it and make it a little more flavored, along with salt and pepper. Thank you ladies.
    Winter1derland

Comment by Winter1derland (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• salt&pepper
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010