help with my 7 year old

my 7 year old daughter still wets the bed at night..she is doing better about not every night but most nights she does...she doesn't have any medical problems..and i can't buy the night time underwear because she thinks it's ok and won't even try to get up and potty...my mom says she thinks she just sleeps to hard and sound...could this be it? and any advice to help with this would be much appreciated...she has missed some sleepovers with friends because of this..I let her go to the party then tell the mom she has never spent the night with anyone and I don't no how she will do so she doesn't have to be embarrassed.

firechickk

Asked by firechickk at 4:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• have you already eliminated any beverages after, 6 or so?
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 4:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I wet the bed at that age and grew out of it. Just eliminate drinks at least an hour before bedtime
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My youngest DD was like that. She slept hard. The ony thing you can do is make her go to the bathroom before she goes to bed. Put those pull ups on her.

Answer by louise2 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• well I thought about that but wondered if it was ok to do that if she says she wants a drink just tell her it's to late? I will try that thank you so much
    firechickk

Comment by firechickk (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It sounds to me like you're going to have to get tough and make her strip her bed everyday and make her take it to the laundry room. Start throwing away her favorite pj's if she pee's in them, and make sure she knows that if she keeps peeing in them you're going to have to throw them all away. You don't really have to throw them away, just have her put them in a trash bag, and then give it to you. You can then wash them and put them away somewhere she won't know about... You have to be firm, and also set your clock and start getting her up at night to take her to the bathroom. Tell her you won't wake her if she will get up on her own and go, and be a big girl and not pee in bed anymore..... GL, none of ours have pee'd in bed so I'm just guessing on what might work...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• One of the things I hear most often works is waking the child in the middle of the night to take her to the bathroom, until she gets use to doing this on her own., aside of course not giving them liquid before bed.

Answer by older at 4:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I agree with your mom, she sleeps too hard. I also agree with the girls that are telling you not to give her any liquids after 6. GL
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 4:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Have you looked into an bedwetting alarm? Link

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Your mom is right. My dd used those overnight pull up things until she was 8. She sleeps like a dead woman. When she decided she wanted to go to sleep overs, she stopped wetting the bed. We didn't limit her drinks. We just let her grown out of it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It varies widely when children will be dry at night. I know children who went as old as 10 - 12 before they were dry at night. It's a matter of body maturity. Google it and you'll see tons of information on it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2010