Has anyone else had enough?

I think I'm going to retire from the Religious Debate section. The bashing and drama and nit-picking is just becoming really, really childish. I don't want the attitudes and opinions of some to somehow make me view all people of certain groups in a negative light. So many have such a prejudice against one group or another. For a while it was entertaining, but does anyone else think it's getting old? Maybe this post will just start more drama, but that's NOT my intention. I'm just noticing such a complete lack of respect and I think I'm done with it, especially at this time of year. It seems like some people have their minds made up on those who are different from them, and are not open to anything different. A lot could be gained from open-mindedness, if only some were willing to give it a shot. I am in no way perfect...far from it...and that's why I just can't stand to watch it go on anymore.

Well, despite all that, Religious Debate mamas, I wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Yule, Festivus, New Year, and anything else you choose to celebrate.

Vent over. :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 4:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Religious Debate

• AMEN momma! Glad someone has the guts to stand up in this world and say "enough is enough". What most people fail to realieze is that ALL religions have roots in each other, and it's good of you to stand up and say that we should all be finding those common grounds instead of nit-picking over our differences.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 4:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I will say that if you do go, you will be missed. But I do see the things you speak of - though I also see good things too! Either way, I believe you are a valued member of this section, but I wish you well whether you decide to go or stay. <3
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Seems the holidays brings out so much ugliness in some people...but then again this section does that all year.

You will be missed around here, but I totally understand. There is a way to dicuss things without the hate and ugliness-but some people don't seem to know how. Go ahead and take a break if you need it- no need to let this section bring you down ya know?

Have a wonderful holiday :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I agree with you!! Happy Holidays to you too!!!! it is the season for love and good will, there is not to much of that in this section!

Answer by older at 4:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I think we all need to take our breaks from time to time just to clear our heads and get a new perspective on things. I won't say goodbye to you because I have a feeling you'll be back. Something about this section and it's regulars that keep people coming back even though they may disagree.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Good Gracious... this is the exact vent I would spout for the P&E section. Just change a few key words. :p

I rarely go into either of those sections (religious debate and politics debate) for the reasons you listed. Too many think they are right and everyone else is wrong. And it is not just one sided either.

I guess what they say about polite dinner conversations is right... Don't discuss religion or politics.

So Happy Christmahanakwanza to all.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I've enjoyed debating in P&CE as well as Religion, but some of the people on here are unnecessarily nasty--in both sections. They are taking away any pleasure in reading or responding to the questions asked here.

I rarely venture into the P&CE section, and will normally only open posts that aren't written by the more contentious of the group, and I'm starting to feel that way about the Religion section, too.  I am becoming very selective about which posts I'll even bother to read, unless for some reason, I just have the urge to be insulted or to watch others being insulted.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Oh mama,I understand needing a break; especially during the holiday season! I've noticed some more "trollish" type behavior here lately. Silly remarks that really add nothing to the debates.
    So I understand. I hope you return soon!!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I'm pretty new to CM and the intolerance I see is really disheartening. Things get ugly so fast. Good for you for posting this!!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Amen and Merry Christmas to you.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 4:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010