My husband's ex attacked me.

This was right in front of her 7 year old son. I did absolutely nothing to provoke it. She started out by swearing and yelling at me and the only thing I did was talk calmly...I wasn't going to do anything crazy in front of my SS. She ripped out a chunk of my hair to the point that is started to bleed and I had a claw mark on my face from her fingernail. I didn't want to fight back but I ended up kicking her so she would let go of my hair (I made sure my SS didn't see this.) When she let go, I went into my house and locked the door. I was in hysterics. My husband wasn't there to see it. This was definitely one of the worst nights of my life. She has since written me an apology and has been nice to my face ever since but I still get extremely anxious whenever her name comes up, she calls my husband to make plans for SS, or we have to go to her house. This was over a year ago.

Will my anxiety ever go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• If you havent gotten over it then you need to talk to a therapist. It will always be in your mind but anxiety is scary and you shouldnt have to deal with it.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would've pressed charges.

Anxiety is tough to deal with so I know what you are going through. Counseling would be a good thing.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I think it is time to seek some counseling about it. You can learn techniques for dealing with the anxiety.

Good luck... I am sorry this happened to you.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• oh my god that's crazy! I'm sorry you went though that! I personally would have called the cops right after I locked the door. But thats just me lol. After something that intense I dont blame you for your lack of trust no matter how nice she is now! I'm sure the anxiety will go away someday. How long ago did this happen?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Did you tel your husband about it?
    fairygurl91787

Answer by fairygurl91787 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i'm sorry it hapenned to you,i'm proud of you coz you acted as a civilized woman than hers...i think you need more prayers so that it will not happen again,...overcome all your worries and anxiety thru prayer and i know that GOD will take care of you...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• attack = a 911 call and charges pressed in my book, followed by a Restraining Order, that'll keep her at arms length
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I knew a mom who was attacked by the dad's new girl friend. Actually, she was jumped in the bathroom at the kid's softball game. The new girlfriend beat her pretty badly. She ended up having to get counseling over it, and I don't blame her. I would have pressed charges and also would worry about the child being around someone who is so emotionally unstable.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would suggest that since you didnt act on it then it proved to her and your SS your the bigger women and you would of lost all trust from your SS if you did hit his mom yes she was in the wrong and i know in your head you feel like maybe you should of beat her ass but just think you fighting her back could of caused alot more problems with your SS and Your Hubby cause she would of did everything she could to make it harder on both guys. And she may not ever do anything again to you if she realized she was in the wrong by putting her hands on you in front of SS and now you have something over her shoulders
    kimmy77

Answer by kimmy77 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would have had her arrested. Your anxiety may be over you allowing her to stay in control by not prosecuting her. In your spirit, you may be anxious about her still being in control and possibly doing it again. Hugs.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010