40th birthday

well, I'd been telling my husband that I wanted to go to Las vegas for my 40th for a couple of years now, he never seemed to really want to talk about it since it was always so far away.

as luck would have it, I was born about 10 days after christmas, so this is the story of my life.

not much really happens on my birthday, since it's right when everything is winding down.

so now that it's now or never, I just brought it up, and I get this reaction from my husband
"I don't want to go"
"too much money"
then it's pretty much ended with
"if you want to go, we'll go but I've made my feeling clear on what I want."

well, since it's my birthday, at this moment I'm not really that concerned about what he wants.
I would love for us to go and have a great time as we usually do in Las vegas (or so he's said the last few times we went), now suddenly he didn't have a good time- but that's what he usually says after the fact on any vacation we've had.

I figure if we go, then once we get there he'll probably have fun. If not, then I think I may just follow my own advice that I would give to someone else.
Take him up on it, make the plans and if he's acting like a downer on the trip, then just have some fun without him.

I'm thinking of just going alone, or asking a friend at this point-

any suggestions?
BTW- I'm not talking about a luxury suite, I'm talking about a inexpensive room for a few days with cheap buffets.

Could use suggestions!

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I would say to him honey i would realy like to go and would love for you to be there with me but if you dont then im still going and im takeing my girl friend (whoever that is ) and have a fun filled birthday with her i will see u when i get home i love u and thank you for understanding
    kimmy77

Answer by kimmy77 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• You know him best, do you think he would "ruin" the trip for you? I wouldn't force him to go if he doesn't want to. Would hurt my feelings if DH was being a downer on my 40th though. We went to Vegas for his 30th!
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 4:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Ask him what he thinks about you going with a friend. it's a special birthday and deserves a little extra attention.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Don't take the kids. There is almost NOTHING for them in Vegas.
    If he is going to ruin it, get a friend to go. If he will have fun, Vegas is fun and I bet you can get a deal now.
    MotherAndMore

Answer by MotherAndMore at 10:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2010