Do you wrap Christmas presents differently that come from Mom and Dad vs. from Santa

My son is almost 2.5 so I will probably have to come up with some kind of tradition in the next couple of years on how to wrap our presents so they look different then Santa's presents. Please share your traditions so I can get some good ideas. My Mom use to wrap Santa's presents in this thin white tissue like wrapping paper with glitter in it. It was neat to have them different than what my Mom would give me her presents in. Thanks!

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 4:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• We always had the Santa gifts un-wrapped but with big fancy bows. They are teens now and we still do "Santa" gifts
    they love it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Santa uses his own paper and it always has his picture on it. Santa is vane that way. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• We don't wrap Santa gifts. They are arranged under the tree, and in some cases, taken out of the box and assembled.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• We also leave Santa's gifts unwrapped and ready to play with/use. This way the kids will never find the paper or compare handwriting like I did :)
    lilcntrymama

Answer by lilcntrymama at 5:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Santa doesn't wrap presents at our house :)
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• We always bought special Santa paper and ribbons so those presents always stood out from our regular ones. Now they are all extra pretty. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Kids don't believe in santa
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Santa's gifts are never wrapped... They are assembled if needed & ready to play with..
    Usually its big gifts (bikes, train sets, stuff u WOULDNT ever want to wrap lol).. but this year DD "wrote" santa about 4 times (lol) she wanted him to bring a Rapunzel game for her leapster.. so its a small present- we are adding other Rapunzel stuff to go with it, but non will be wrapped.. it may be wrapped with a big bow this year or something...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• just different colored paper
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• YES!
    My son is only 3 now, but my plan was to have special Santa paper and bow ribbon for larger gifts.
    This is the first year where it matters at all, not that he'll necessarily notice, but we need the practice to
    make the situation air tight.
    I have to keep the paper and ribbon in a SECRET place, etc...
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 11:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2010