How do other moms do it?

I'm a SAHM and I'm taking classes part time. I am almost in tears right now, because I am so frustrated. My daughter is only 2 and she literally comes in here wanting something new every couple minutes. It's like she knows I'm trying to do something, so she asks for something to eat every few minutes, but then won't touch it. She wants to watch this show,so I put it on. Five minutes later, she wants to watch something else and throws a huge fit if I don't jump up and change, which I don't, I'm not her servant. My final is on Tuesday, and I haven't really started studying yet. I have been making my study guides and I had a big project due in my other class that beyond all odds, I managed to finish yesterday. (all while she was driving me crazy). I also have a final on Wed., but I'm not too worried about that one. I feel bad putting her in front of the tv, but I don't know how else to get anything done. It's not like it matters, because she's in here harassing me constantly anyway. She's in the living room and I'm in the dining room, so I can see half the room and hear everything in there, so she is not all alone. I go to the library whenever I can, because it's the ONLY place I can study or get work done in peace---and that's only once a week that I get a chance. Even when my husband is home, he bothers me constantly for stupid stuff. He works from 3-12, and then stays up late and wakes up late. So I don't even get any peace and quiet in the morning. I'm on 24 hour duty and supposed to find time do work and study. I could just cry right now. During this post, she has been in here twice. I feel like just saying EFF IT!   (and all my pens keep dying, which is just icing on the cake)

Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it in General Parenting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is difficult, and I have the same problems with my 3 yr old. I have had to wait at times until he is asleep to get my work done.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Study after she is tucked a way in bed. she wants your attention right now.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• You need to sit down with your husband and work out some times when he can take over care of your daughter so you can get to the library and get your studying done. Express to him the importance of this, not just to you, but for your entire family. And what do you do when your daughter naps? That can be a good time to get some studying done at home. Hang in there! It's worth it.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Do you have any friends or realitives that could watch her for you out of the kindness of their heart so you can study?
    Anonymous

• I wish she would nap. She never naps anymore. She's on this kick where she barely sleeps. She stays up and late and wakes up bright and early. I do try to get stuff done after she goes to bed, but I'm so stinking tired myself by that time too. I just can't wait until after wednesday, and this semester is finished! Then I at least get a break for a month.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• same way dads do it. You gotta find the time when you have time to be alone, usually when everyone is either in bed or at school and work.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Get a baby gate and block her off into her room to play. Make sure it is baby safe first. Turn on the radio and talk to her periodically. Even if she fusses at first she will go play once she realizes she is fine and you aren't backing down. You could do this daily in place of a nap for up to an hour.
    Anonymous

• Why I understand your frustration with your situation, you have to set limits for yourself, your child and your husband. Meaning you need to establish a time frame when you will do your homework. I too take classes online and I work from 9-4 everyday Monday thru friday. I have six children their ages range from 3 to 12 years old. Before I started taking classes online I sat down with my husband and specifically told him during this time I will be doing my homework. No matter what happens I am busy you have to deal with it. Also as a mom you never try to do something like homework or studying when kids are awake. Try to plan around the times when your daughter is taking a nap or asleep. I really do understand where your coming from and I know sometimes things happen and even though we plan for this time their are exceptions. I hope this will help you in anyway. Good luck and don't give up!! Stay positive!!
    Mumofsix

Answer by Mumofsix at 5:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Hang in there! I would work on getting her to sleep earlier, even if i have to give her benadryl.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• The closest is my sister. She lives 30 minutes away. However, if she came, she would bring her daughter and I ASSURE you, I would get even less done. My niece is loud and does not listen. She's lying on the couch watching Carebears, so if I'm lucky she'll fall asleep.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2010