Do baby girls always get pink?

I hated pink personally. Ew.

I was more of a dark blue growing up. Hated pink and frilly. bleh

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 5:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine sure isn't... I hate pink! Everything I have bought is red or green... NO PINK!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I'm pregnant and if I have a girl everything will be lavendar. I'm sure I'll have some pink stuff but I mainly want lavendar...much prettier girl color if you ask me...and it's my fave color:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My girl wears a LOT of blue b/c she has blue eyes. She does wear her fair share of pink as well ! But years ago at her baby shower ppl bought yellow and sage green as well. I was never picky about colors w/ her!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My DD wears a lot of blue because it brings out her eyes. If she picks it's pink. She LOVES pink and the frillier the better. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Depends on what it means, culturally.

In the Middle East, pink is a masculine colour. 200 years ago in Europe it was a royal colour. It's only in the last 50 or 60 years in the West that it's been a cute, young female colour.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Mine wear pink and frilly and I'm glad she did because now its camo or green.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 5:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My dd was ALWAYS in pink! I love pink! lol Sometimes she wore purple but that was rare
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I don't mind pink, but it's not the only color a girl can wear. Just as blue isn't the only color a boy can wear.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My girls got blue cuz they were her brother's hand me downs and I wasnt gonna buy expensive new stuff that she was gonna outgrow in a few months.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• If you dont want her to have pink you will have to let others know because pink is the color most people get for girls. Its feminine and with frilly lace I personally think its adorable on girls. Most girls first favorite color is pink. So if you want other colors just let them know you hate pink
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010