My doctor was short with me & said I was high risk for a miscarriage. What should I avoid so I do not have a miscarriage? I'm only a couple weeks preggo.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You call the office and tell them what he said and ask what you are supposed to do about it. Don't take that crap from your doc... they work for YOU!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Well, since miscarriages are pretty rare, and predicting them (without a history of miscarriages or abortions) is actually impossible --and 100% of the list of 'don't do this' has been proven to be irrelevant... I'd say get a better doctor.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• you can't prevent a miscarriage, and nothing makes you at risk other than having several previously. you are still early, good chance to change docs.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Though they can't really be prevented, my high risk OB says no sex until after the first trimester. Under the right conditions, it will cause a miscarriage. You should have your hormone levels tested. If you are too low on progesterone, it can cause a miscarriage and it is easily remedied if it is low. Other than that it's out of your hands. Sometimes they just happen.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• So he told you that you are high risk this early in with no details? Find another doctor for starters and get a second opinion.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2010