Morning sickness STILL?

I thought morning sickness was supposed to start going away when you got into your second trimester!!! I am 13 weeks, and still having nausea and vomiting. I know that some woman have it the whole time they are pregnant, it just is not something I enjoy, lol!

How long were your sick during pregnancy?

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 5:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Welcome to the myths of mommyhood! I am 41wks and STILL dealing with morning sickness, and it's more like all day sickness... I'm like this from day one til delivery with every pregnancy...

Learn to love Ginger!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Not at all. The only times I was ever even nauseous were when I was physically exhausted --returning to bed made it go away. I think I slept 22 hours a day for a few weeks.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• if I didn't have food in my stomach I was nauseous... I had to snack constantly with both kids!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I am also sick all day. I hate it. I have found that sucking on candies helps, but does not make it go away completely. And Compazine has not been working very well for very long, and you can only take that so often. I HOPE that I am not sick the WHOLE time... *whines*
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• You can have morning sickness til the end, you can have morning sickness til well into your third trimester, you can be happy all first trimester then get hit like a ton of bricks in the second trimester. The point is each pregnancy is different and yes they can be miserable but someone else could have it much worse than you. Hope you feel better soon.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Sabrina you're over due too? That means I'm not the only one suffering LOL.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• some people have it through out their whole pregnancy, i had mine up until i was 3 months then it went away thank god. hope thats not the case for you though!
    want2bamommy780

Answer by want2bamommy780 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My first i wasn't sick at all, my second if i didn't have something in my stomach i felt a little queasy during the first three months then it went away. it varies between kids and is different for everybody,I hope you feel better soon !!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I was never sick during the 1st trimester, but all the way through 2nd and 3rd trimesters. One thing that helped me was to buy a jar of ground ginger from the spice section of the grocery store and to sniff it and calm myself when it started to come on and I'd be fine. Getting stressed with each wave of nausea will just make them worse. Best of luck!
    LadyKatya

Answer by LadyKatya at 6:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I had morning, noon and night sickness almost to the very end of my second pregnancy
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010