peanut butter ..

ok so i guess peanut butter with 'jelly' or something is quite common in the US but not that common in the UK so my question is .. why the sweet jelly (jam as we call it) with peanut butter? is it because of it being tasteless lol

just thinking out loud but interested to hear what you say

san78

Asked by san78 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Well I'm going to try to answer this one, here goes. Peanut butter and Jelly is equivalent to Joe black, childhood, lunches in the back yard, brown bags,grandma's house and so much more. I think for me peanut butter and jelly go together for all the right reasons and always have. I hope I helped a little.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 5:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Jelly is a popular addition to the, salted, icing-sugar sweetened and shortening added kind of not-very-tasty peanut butter, because it's dry, sticky and quite gross on its own... it adds the moisture that was removed when the peanut oil was extracted.

Peanut butter, when it's made out of nothing but peanuts, is a mellow, rich flavour that is nice with the bright, sweetness of jams or jellies. But it's also edible without... the same way it is possible to eat peanuts without dipping them in sugar, salt or lard.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• thank you, very informative!
    san78

Comment by san78 (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I use Polaner All Fruit Apricot spread. The apricots are so good with the peanut butter!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• you make it sound 'comforting' lol and yes thanks x
    san78

Comment by san78 (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I agree with Rose Toes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Its just faaantastic together, lol
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2010