what is your HOT BUTTON MAMA ISSUE??

breastfeeding, circumcision, etc etc ......

Like when you hop on cafemom and see a heated debate going, what is the issue you feel the most strong about putting your 2 cents in on?

I think mine's a tie between ear piercing and formula feeding (I hate the very broad/vague formula bashing because they forget that some of us really truly could not and not for lazy or selfish reasons. I nursed for less than a week and my son became so weak and jaundiced he could barely muster the strength to cry anymore)

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• EQUALITY!

Answer by older at 5:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• unnecessary c-sections

sometimes about people judging others for having multiple baby daddies
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Ear piercing, Vaccines, Religion... There are others, but my mommy brain is on the fritz!

My stance tends to be if you aren't educated on an issue you can not make informed choices... So parents should make a point to educate themselves with FACT and not propaganda and should then strive to teach their children to look for FACT in turn...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• autism awareness

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• All of them really. Why should you really care how someone else raises their child, or what they do or don't do. Just concentrate on your raising your own child into being a responsible human being and get on with your life. That's ridiculous.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Anyone who shows lack of compassion, acts as if their way is the only way, or bashes on a mom for disagreeing with her. Everyone parents differently and whether you think it is wrong or right, it's not your decision. Raise your children the way you want and hush it:) If you don't believe in circumcision then don't do it, if you believe in breastfeeding then do it, but don't bash other mom's for not doing exactly as you do.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I completely agree with you on the formula feeding issue! My hot topic (though you don't see it here too much) is our choice to home school. Complete strangers feel free to quiz our kids and I'm so tired of hearing the never-ending question, "What about socialization?"

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I don't have any hot issues because I do what is right for me and my family and I don't care what other people do.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Probably vaccinations and circumcision. I have/had both done to my son, and I can't stand when I hear some of the opinions on them, telling me that I'm cruel and whatnot.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I'm also with ya on the formula feeding. I had no choice but to supplement from the beginning. I can't believe someone would call me lazy and selfish when I went to 5 lactation consultants, tried everything imaginable, and pumped for hours at a time just so that my son could get some (even if only a tiny amount) of breast milk. I had to stop at 3 1/2 months bc my breasts decided to stop producing milk. Thankfully, my son is almost 15 months old and has yet to be sick.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2010