How much time are you spending?

How much time are spending reading the holy Bible? Do you stay on track on read the Bible in one year? Does the one year outline work for you? Do you and your so like reading it together? I will usually pick up the Bible and read threw a few Scripture's. My so and I are having fun reading it aloud. Asking each other questions about scripture, has opened us up more to talk about how we are living. We get a good laugh out of some of each others response's.

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 5:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• none.. zero... nada
    Anonymous

• None. I've read it times, cover to cover... And still have yet to find a good reason to believe it more than any other text...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I've read it. I'm more likely to use a concordance, now, to find a reference.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Anon stole my answer.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I havent but would like to start
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I did a study Bible, and I did stay on track for the most part. Some of it really dragged and other parts were very enjoyable. I think it's great that you and your husband are doing it together so you have each other to discuss with.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Ive read it a few times but dont intend to read it anymore as I have no use to do so. Its not a part of my beliefs anymore and the lessons I learned from it are still in my head.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• None. Zilch. Nada. As anon #1 so eloquently put it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I read it through every six months or so. I focus on different time lines or covenants each time through. It really depends on the "season" of my life and what I'm working on. Our church has a daily scripture reading so we read that and then usually a couple chapters of my own study.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 7:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I'll admit I don't read it that much anymore. I'll go to passages as needed, but I have a whole "to read" list that's so long (and yes, its religious, lol), that I haven't stopped to read the Bible on its own in a while. If I need to pull up a passage to read along with whatever it is I'm reading - like if the book I'm reading mentions specific verses or refers to a specific part of the Biblical text, I pull it up and read through the section, but I really don't make time to just sit and read the Bible. Not much anymore, anyway. Its not the one book of prominence in my faith, though. I have copies of the Quran, Gita, Tao, Analects, etc, etc, that I also pull from and read. With all of the available material out there (not just holy texts, but books pertaining to religion in general) I'm just glad I'm able to read as much as I do - I want to read as much as I can, and focusing only one one book would make that difficult. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2010