What is the dosage for Soy Isoflavones? How do I know which days to take them?

I've read some people take 120mgs a day and then other say they increase the dose over the days they take them until they hit 200mgs.

Also I know that you take them like Clomid. I've seen days 1-3 and days 2-6 (which seems to be the most popular) but I do I know which route is best for me? What the difference in the days that you take them?

Also...if you took these what was the outcome?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Are you trying to avoid pregnancy? Soy has phyto-estrogens... which are converted into estrogen in our bodies. Estrogen: like the Pill. The birth-control pill.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• No. Soy Isoflavones were found to be 77% effective in getting pregnant the first month of using them according to a recent poll on Fertility Friend and 77% of the women used them, not only ovulated earlier, but also got pregnant that same month.

It also increases the chances of twins according to some research that is out there on it.

While soy generally is NOT good for fertility, it's thought that taking it 3-5 days a month at the beginning of the cycle is not harmful and is infact helpful for many women.

Many herbalist call it "natures clomid." I'm much more interested in trying something natural than trying harsh drugs to get ovulation going at the moment.

I am having issues ovulating so I am planning to try it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Also I will be buying non-GMO which is where most of the estrogen comes from anyway.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I'm doing 200 days 2-6. I don't think it matters much which one unless you have a really short cycle. This is my second month no results yet. Good luck.

MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 8:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Thanks!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010