my baby is 2.5 wks old and constapeted, what would help her, any one ?

vramirez1023

Asked by vramirez1023 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gripe water would help or Apple juice, Prune Juice.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• It's the formula that does it. My dd now 10 had that same issue. I always gave her watered apple juice. But being on 2 weeks? I would check with the doc. And maybe a new formula. I used Carnation Goodstart with my last 3 kids
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Add 1/2 ounce of prune juice in the morning bottle everyday. You can mix it with the formula.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 2:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• at 2 and half...i wouuldnt do juices yet. my doctor was really against it that young. he told me to onyl use pedialite if she was sick and we HAD TO, other than that you can give her tummy rubs..i learned that in a baby class. you move your fingers clockwise over her abdomen , also rubbing down. it helps stimulate her lil tummy and bowels, also you shoudl try different fomrula. some babies do better on different types. they have ones that are designed for no spit up and those ones are softer on the tummy, easier to get down and get out
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I agree, tummy rubs, and also a warm bath will help. I would ask your dr. about maybe changing formula?
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008