Anyone want to back me up on this?

I normally stay out of the drama stuff here but this poor mom who is trying to study for school was looking for support. She is frustrated because her DD needs a lot of attention today and she has a test coming up. She is trying to better her life and people are bashing her saying she should have not gone to school or not had kids! How sad!! She seems to just be having a bad day. :0(

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/671271/How_do_other_moms_do_it

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 6:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Thats just rude and insensative
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I agree with you on this one. I actually tried to think of some practical suggestions for the poor woman instead of just giving her a hard time. I thought we were supposed to be supportive of each other.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 6:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• She's having a bad day because she's made silly, irresponsible choices for the uses of her time. No one is holding a gun to her head to do the class, and she will not be deported if she drops (or fails) a class because she has much more pressing things to do at home.

It is silly to think that a 2yo can successfully occupy itself, safely or not, for more than 4 minutes. Anyone who has lived with one up to the point that it is 2 has to know that. What fantasy land did she live in when she signed up for hours a week of class time and study, where her 2yo would magically cease to exist whenever there's a pressing deadline? Was her SO supposed t conveniently turn into a different person with a different lifestyle because she enrolled in a class? Has she never been alive for the lead-up to Christmas before? Never taken any kind of class before?

It's hard to be sympathetic when she currently choosing this massive overcommitment.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2010