OUCH it hurts anyone know why?

Im 16weeks pregnant tomorrow. Im getting this really shart shooting pain in my lower back on my left side kind of where your hip is but in my back if that makes any since. It really hurts any one got any ideas as to why? its not like im that far along.

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My best guess is it's your body adjusting to the pregnancy. So much is happening to your body when you're pregnant and the lower area around your hips are preparing for the growth of the baby in the womb. It's natural and normal. But it does suck! LOL. Try a warm compress, or warm bath to relax the muscles and ease the pain.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Honestly, it sounds like sciatic pain. Your baby and/or uterus could be resting right along that nerve. I had HORRIBLE sciatic pain in my second trimester. As my baby got bigger though, for some reason she decided to stay away from there and decided to kick my bladder >.< Just wait, it gets worse. I'm 33 weeks and I'm DYING from pelvic pain, it feels like someone's used my crotch as a punching bag for an hour or two.

Switching between a heating pad and an ice pack might help a little. And I agree with TheDiva, a warm bath or shower will do wonders. Just try not to overextend that leg, it'll come and go as your baby moves around. Just remember that it's temporary and will go away after you have your baby :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• yeah its your sciatic muscle. its normal a lot of women get it during pregnancy. you can tell your doctor about it, but there wont be anything he/she can do.
    Anonymous

• That happened to me when i was preggo and the doc told me its just happens because your hips start to spread apart to make room for giving birth and that the more muscles and stuff moves in your body the more aches and pains you will get. if that helps any
    sweetkrissy

Answer by sweetkrissy at 4:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Just take Tyenol and a heating pad will be your new best friend!!
    samiemommy

Answer by samiemommy at 3:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2008