What do you feed your 1 year old?

From the get go I have been all about giving my baby all the healthiest vegetables and everything good- but sometimes I just struggle on what to give her to eat! What do you feed your 1 year old? She was EBF for 10 months.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Food. Whatever we were eating, by that age. Unless it was heavy-dairy, then I'd give her some of the ingredients... like peas and cooked chicken, or some of the potato curry, or the side dishes...

Breastfed babies have the advantage of eating foods every day that vary in flavour and odour, because of mom's diet. They tend to accept anything familiar...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Thanks, I give her whatever we are eating too! I always worry that it's not good enough though, and sometimes I do chicken nuggets (not mechanically separated)
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• When my kids were that young they loved yogurt, mashed potatoes, cheese cubes, cheerioes .Pretty much anything as long as it wasn't obvious they couldn't have it for some reason, my kids never liked baby food though so they were on table food as soon as they were old enough.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Enormous variety of pastas and noodles trying to find the favorite ones

lots of rice .... eggs, french toast, pancakes, waffles.

LOVE 12 hole muffin tins and putting a sampling menu together.
    my sons have was
    avocado chunks
    cooked baby carrot
    graham crackers
    yogurt dip
    boiled egg
    cheese cubes
    rice chex
    spiral noodles
    cantaloupe melon balls
    and roasted shredded chicken
    hummus to dip
    homemade wheat tortilla
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Thank you for that list! baby loves cantaloupe and noodles, she despised hummus!!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• both my kids ate whatever i was having by age 1...i do like to give toddlers some sort of supplement shake like pediasure (or carnation instant breakfast if money is tight). homemade fruit salad is always a popular snack for kids this age and my oldest LOVED caramel rice cakes, he called them cookies ;)
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I gave her every thing off of my plate as she wouldn't eat baby food. She esp. loved fried rice with peas and eggs in it. She loved Chicken more than any other food I would make a chicken breast in the oven with corn flakes on the out side and chop it into small bites for her.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010