What is going on I am getting Verry worried?

This is the third month that my period has lasted 20 + days The cramps are painful and i am starting to fill dizzy and Very Exhausted Nauseated More thirsty than Normal I Haven't been to an obgyn yet I am calling tomorrow to make one. The first month my period lasted 20 days i asked my family doctor and she said it just means you didn't ovulate then then my period in November lasted 25 days I had made an appointment but canceled cause My period stopped and My feionce said i shouldn't keep the appointment if my period stopped this time I am making the appointment and keeping it. I do have a note book i have been keeping track of my periods just in case i need the dates ect. I will take that with me so i can show the obgyn. What could be causing my period to be this way and is it from not ovulating id that why my period is lasting 20+ days if the ob gyn finds something wrong with me i am going to complain about my family doctor as she refused to refer me to an obgyn and Refused to help me solve this problem. I fill she doesn't care for me the way a doctor should. I have went in in the past and she never really cared what was going on with me. She only took time once the whole time i went to her and that was for a preconception visit she helped me figure out what day i supposedly ovulate on and every time i go in there she is like its your weight not even willing to help me figure out a Healthy diet ect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I was on the Depo shot and after being off of it for a year, my periods started back. The first one was 50days and then they seemed to be roughly every 2wks lasting an avg of 1wk...some were longer, some were shorter, some heavy, some light, some with lots of cramps, others not so much. I thought it was just my body adjusting back to having a cycle. 9mths later I thought I was pregnant, turned out to not be, but decided 10mths was too long for by body to adjust, so I made an appointment...doctor told me I wasn't ovulating, so it wasn't my period, I was shedding the estrogen lining build up and that's why I was bleeding. He prescribed Progesterone...I take it 10days every month and I have a years prescription.

This is what happened to me...do you know of anyone that can refer an obgyn to you? And I think it may be time to get a new doctor...

Good LUCK!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 7:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010