if you get diarehea or sick while pregnant can that hurt the baby?

The reason I ask is my dd has direhea and I wanted to know if I happened to get it would that be bad on the baby? I am 6 weeks along tomorrow? Then why I am at it what if you are like throwing up sick is that bad for the baby? How far can your temp get being pregnant before calling your ob?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if ur pregnant call ur ob in the morning n e ways.. you can always try gingerale and crackers if sicky..but for me phengren was the only thing that kept n e thing down.. they do get concerned if after x amount of days the pooping and the vomiting hasnt subsided can lead to de hydration...drink plenty of fluids...rest and realxe.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• thanks right now its just my dd with direhea and I hope she keeps it to herself and hope that is all she has lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• NEWSFLASH Diarrhea and constipation both come with pregnancy that is all we now return you to your regulalry schedualed annoying questions
    Anonymous

What questions? This is the first pregnancy question I have asked. So you don't have to be so rude. And I wasn't asking about me I am asking if I catch it from my child if it can be bad on the baby. I know that contipation is normal while pregnant.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Mom, if that were the case, none of us, nor or our babies would probably be alive right now. Believe it or not, a fetus is in a pretty safe place.... not much is going to hurt it. Unless you have some sort of funky illness of course. The simple flu is actually a lot like morning sickness. Rest assured it's okay.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• The only time it would be detrimental would be if you become dehydrated. A temperature that is not brought down with regular Tylenol needs to be seen by a doctor. If your temp were to go about 101 F, I would go straight to the ER, pregnant or not.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 7:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010