do you believe there is life / existence on other planets?

san78

Asked by san78 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "The surest sign that life exists on other planets is that none of them have contacted us." ;)

*sigh* Maybe I do. I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised. But I'm not baking cookies and hanging up any 'Welcome to Earth' banners, either.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• As my favorite line from the movie 'Contact' says--If not, that would be an incredible waste of space.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Of course. We've found it... Sure, we haven't found any humanoid ETs out there, but we have found life in the form of cells... So it only makes sense that there is more complicated life out there as well somewhere.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It's a statistical probability. Now, whether other life even remotely resembles anything on Earth is another question entirely. Accounting for the age of our planet vs the age of the universe, it's likely there are thousands of planets more advanced than we are, which could mean advanced, higher intelligence, or it could mean all their primate-like life has managed to kill themselves off millennia ago, and all that's left are cosmic cockroaches living on hypergalactic Twinkies.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• absolutely

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I see no reason why there could not be the possibility of lifeforms (Bacteria or otherwise) on other planets given the size of the universe and the billions upon billions of starts and planets, some with similar atmospheres as our own. I am skeptical however of these lifeforms having ever "visited" us.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Absolutely. I find it impossible that there isn't life out there somewhere. For all we know, there could be other planes just like ours, maybe millions of years more advanced, or much more behind. It boggles my mind, really. I almost don't like to think about it, lol. There is so much that we've yet to even reach, and there's no telling how far it goes. Ah, it's just crazy, really.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Given just how much space there is and how diverse life is even on our tiny planet, I think the odds are tremendously stacked in favour of life existing other places too.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yes I just rented "The fourth kind" yesterday!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2010