Dang! Am I so bad?

It was my DH's turn to cook dinner tonite, but he called and said he'd be running late, so of course I had nothing ready. So when my kids asked what's for dinner, I offered to make pancakes or waffles but they didn't want that, so I took em to McDonalds for dinner. So awful, I know., but it was easy and I didn't have much time.

Was that bad? Its not something I ever do, but I was in a rush to get them fed with at least something without making them wait till late to finally eat.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 6:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Girl, I am all for easy. I also understand that you don't go there every night of the week... so YEAH why not!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I don't think so. If you're getting your child Mcdonald's every night, yeah I think that's bad. But I think it's perfectly fine in moderation.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yes! You evil mother you!
    nah,its no big deal! lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• unless ur going there specifically for a play place I don't understand why Momma's go there so often. Subway, taco bell, etc... there's lotsa healthy alternatives.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My kids eat at a fast food place once every few months. It really is OK to get go there as an every once in awhile treat--even if you get the fries. (But my kids never get the soda)
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It is a once in a blue moon. Relax.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I don't think it was bad per say, just that you let the kids dictate what you did. I would have just made the pancakes. They could have ate it or gone without.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Not at all. If you are going to McDonald's frequently, yes that's bad. But a happy meal, soda and fries and all, is not a bad thing at all. In fact it can be a great teaching moment. My 3 year old can tell you allll about healthy food, bad food, why we don't eat it much, and that a treat once in a while is just fine.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My son who is 5 once woke up and had a popsicle for breakfast, so who am I to judge lol?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• IMHO it depends. pop or milk? fries or apple dippers?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010