On a serious note.

My stomach hurts, but i'm not sick. ( I don't think anyways) I have Mirena , I really have NO idea when i should get a visit from aunt flow. I didn't think about when I was on antibiotics that it could mess this birth control up. How would I know when to take a test? At least i'm not asking you guys if i'm pregnant. haha It's just weird to me. Weird feelings.

*hides*

Chell.o_0

Asked by Chell.o_0 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Health

• Mirena doesn't have a very high failure rate. What the hell are you talking about? It's as effective as getting sterilized.

Now, the side effects aren't very pleasant all the time, at least in my case they were unbearable. But high failure rate? No. You're thinking of something else PP.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• A agree, I have never heard of mirena having a high failure rate. Been on it 2 years and no issues for me. With antibiotics I think it makes it work less effectively. If you have kids, I think you would recognize the signs that you're preggers again if you are. If you're worried, take a test.
    brimarie

Answer by brimarie at 2:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Considering Mirena has a VERY HIGH failure rate you should be testing atleast once a week.
    Anonymous