how do you determine when an atutistic child is no longer autistic?

My son who was born with mutil, impariments and found to have PDD, and atustisum when he was about 4 yearls old. was taken of SSI and told he was no longer atustistic since the attorney who was reprsenting us could not find any of the medical records and was to laszy to dig around, I myself have done some diging and have found some records others i have to pay for and cannot afford other that won't be released to me because i don;t the money to go get power of attorney, nothing would give me more joy than for them to have found a cure for this dreadful thing, i have lived a life of hell rasing tow boy with PDD, asperger's, atutisim what ever it's called, plus i'm handicap myself and still mangeage to keep this family going, I pray Our court day will come out in our favor!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Health

• Since when does an autistic child become cured? Once autistic, always autistic! An autistic person may be in "remission" but never fully recovers.

Your lawyer is terrible and your son needs all the help that can be available to him IF your lawyer would have done his job correctly.

A cure would be the most wonderful thing in the world. My four year old step son is autistic. He is a very special boy and I am convinced that he is a genius. If he were able to communicate well he would be able to do wonders and maybe even change the world somehow.

Best wishes and fire that lawyer.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• OMG I'm so sorry this is happening to you. You have to get the records from your doctors, therapists, schools - get everything in writing!!! Fire that damn lawyer of yours and do all the work yourself - yes it is a lot but you need to do it. Also why do you not have power of attorney over your own son - that is weird - you as his mother should have access to all of his files regarding this matter.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 2:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• aspergets isnt bad. i nkow a few ppl with it. the worst part is their social skills suck but its really not a bad form AT ALL.

as for the records, get poa..if you dont already you need it and ask for them. you have a right for them
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008