What kind of possibilities are there for a low income single mom to be able to go to school and get a degree?

beadsmama

Asked by beadsmama at 1:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Money & Work

• Go to the financial aid office and file a FAFSA. As a low income single mother, you should qualify for the Pell Grant, which you wouldn't have to pay back. You can also qualify for scholarships. Talk to a financial aid advisor.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Also there are lots of colleges that have on site daycares for students. Don't forget to also apply for TAP. Ask about it. There are plenty of opportunities out there. I hope you can do it!!!
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 2:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Hi, my daughter did it but she had our support. She lives at home still and has a 5 y/o daughter that lives with us too. I work at home so I could watch my granddaughter while I am working. My daughter received her degree in 4 years cum laude. If you are determined you can do it, don't be afraid to ask for help. Some colleges also have daycare which can help.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 2:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You can also try online classes so that you don't have to worry about daycare. University of Phoenix has some great accelerated programs. You should be able to get a fully paid financial package.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2008