How much money should I give them?

Two of my former co-worker's are getting married today, his soon to be wife is pregnant (incase this makes a difference). I want to give them money but I am not sure what's appropriate. Can anybody give me some suggestions on this? Thank You :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Money & Work

• When I got married popular amounts were $50.00 and $100.00. But if you can't afford that much don't feel bad i'm sure they will be grateful with whatever you give them. And if money isn't a problem, then give however much you want $100, $200, etc. For example at our wedding we did the money dance. And it just so happens that one of the guests was very wealthy and generous and he danced with me like five times and each time he gave $100.00 each time. If they do something like that you could dance with the groom a few times. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• $50.00? How much do you like them? And what can you afford to give?
    Anonymous

• Usually the going rate is to give what's equivalent to how much your plate costs. You could a little higher since she's preggers. But that is up to you and how close you are to them.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I know both of them from work and we talk every so ofter. Her soon to be husband was very supportive when me and my now ex broke up. They are only doing the court house wedding thing and I don't think there having a reception. She wants to have a bigger wedding later on, right now they don't have the money.
    Anonymous

• $40-50 was common when I got married, so I would say $50, especially if yu are bringin a guest. If you like them and can afford it, $100 is nice.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 4:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Nowadays, $100 is the minimum.
    Anonymous

• THANK YOU. All of your answers have helped me out a lot. I think I am going to go with $100.
    Anonymous