How to get started on babysitting?

I am a mother of 3 and i stay at home with them while my husband travels the united states for weeks at a time. I want to start babysitting so i can make a little extra m oney for myself. Just wanted to know the easiest way to get ppl intrested without putting it in the paper. i only want to watch 2 more kids.

jessicafield190

Asked by jessicafield190 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• You can look at www.care.com and use the pulldowns and your zipcode to look for jobs. Some of the ads will say they will bring the child to you. www.sittercity.com is another site but you might have to register first.  The closer you are to a city the more jobs will be listed.  I found my two part time jobs this way.   GL

http://www.care.com/care-p1271.html

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• You should check your laws on child care some say you can't watch over 2. You could post ads in laundrymats or maybe at the schools.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 3:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I ran a daycare and I kept 6 children, I ran an ad once and after that it was by word of mouth. You can ask around though lots of people need babysitters, or post an index card in the grocery store or library
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2010