My babysitter keeps pinning my daughters hair back?

My babysitter keeps pinning my daughters hair back, she told my husband it's to train the hair to grow back not forward but i like her cute mohawk she has. Whats a nice way to say not to do that with her hair??

MonicaGreer21

Asked by MonicaGreer21 at 2:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tell her that you appreciate the gesture, but you like your daughter's hair the way it is and to stop.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Be serious but yet laughingly being nice. Just tell her that you know she's trying to help and all but you want her mohawk cause you like it. Just take a breath and say it. It'll be done soon..LOL
    Anonymous

• I'll get mad if I had a babysitter that was pinning my childs hair back after all she is not her mother your the mother, I'll just tell her hey I would really like it if you stop pinning my daughters hair back, and tell her whatever way I have her hair leave it that way.
    My2ButterFlys

Answer by My2ButterFlys at 2:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You dont need to say anything because it doesnt work.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I agree with anon 104p. It's best to say it light heartedly. If you jump on her about it you'll immediately put her on the defensive. Is that where you want it to go? Step lightly, after all she's probably just tryinng to help.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I dont see what the problem is, keeping hair in her eyes will distort her vision. I would appreciate what she is doing and let her do it. She is only trying to help.
    Anonymous

• Don't see the big deal- if you dont like it, take it out when you get her home. Train her hair? Come on. My husband wants to cut our daughters hair because its long enough to be in her eyes, but short on the sides from it rubbing off as a newborn.. I have to comb it over like the Trump!! ha ha..
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 2:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Her hair isn't in her face or eyes it's the only spot that is long so it grows forward when i wash it it sticks up and is cute, i'm a push over person so I never come off mean so i didn't want her to think i was joking.
    MonicaGreer21

Answer by MonicaGreer21 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• tell her its my kid and i think this is cute.
    its YOUR KID not hers
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Maybe you should ask her if she doesn't like your daughters hair because she keeps pinning it back? Tell her you like it like that and it's okay with you if she leaves it unpinned. You yourself know best what she's like so maybe you could just come right out and tell her and not beat around the bush. Another idea, why don't you just take the pins out in front of her, give them back and send her a non verbal message?
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2008