unnecessary drama?

My husband and his friend told their boss that I could [and would] design a t-shirt for their military unit. Great. I was tasked with incorporating 4 logos into one, and I am having a hard time coherently merging the images together while staying true to the original designs. So I figure that since I am doing a new shirt design, I should have the liberty of using my own interpretations of the original logos. But DH says that I'm not supposed to change a thing.

If you were doing something that takes up a lot of time [without getting paid for it] would you do it the way you think it would look best, or would you do it the way your SO thinks it should be done?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 7:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• can you do both and let the company decide??
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i would do what i think looks best !
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I could do two separate designs, but I don't have the luxury of time to do that.
    art.diva

Comment by art.diva (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i would let him do it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would go to the boss and ask him what he wanted me to do.

Answer by louise2 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would do the original design... if you change it people would recognize it...?...
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 8:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Well if they want you to use their logo then that is what they want. I wouldn't bother changing it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Why not just make a collage of the images or put two on one row and two on the other?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010