Why do people think doctors shouldn't make money? S/o question same category

If it wasn't a lucrative business, how many people would actually want to go through all that education?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 7:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't know anyone thought they shouldn't.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• of course they should make money, and plenty of it. but not based on how sick their patients are or aren't ..... I think there needs to be boundaries and limits for their profession
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I don't know, but it is a crazy notion. Not only do they spend years in school and about a hundred thousand dollars to get the degree, but they then go through their residency.

Personally I don't want my hc going to the "lowest bidder".

It is interesting though..some people these days don't thing ANYONE should be making money. God forbid someone actually PROFIT from their labors.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• not all doctors make alot of money. it's alot of schooling, a very high stress job and there are many places where they get paid a low salary. it's not about the business aspect for some. it's about wanting to help other people and saving lives. also some doctors are interested in research and finding causes and cures for various diseases. sure i guess some of them might be doing it in hopes of becoming rich and famous one day, but the majority are doing it because it interests them and they care about others.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Good Gravy, not to mention the amount of their malpractice insurance. After all is said and done they don't all make that much money.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have nothing against Dr.'s making money. I've been through several medical programs myself. I just feel like there needs to be a better system for medical care.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Obviously there are doctors in other countries who don't make a lot of money. Maybe they like doing it. Maybe they like the respect of being a healer. There is more to medicine than just making money; however, I do think doctors should be paid for their services.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Obviously there are doctors in other countries who don't make a lot of money.

But they still make some. They make enough in goods or services to survive. The way (some) people around here act, doctors, and anyone else who has a penny more than they themselves do, should do everything for free.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Nothing against it. Just think we need a better medical system.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It is just the ignorant that call them greedy. Sadly, there are a lot of ignorant people
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2010