blue dot on foot

I call it my blue dot on the side of my toe. I was adopted at a toddler age. Therefore, my Mom has no idea what it is or what caused it (meaning it may be birthmark?) It never causes me pain or is very small, like the size of pinhead. It is as if someone poked me with a blue pen hard and it stuck! Almost like a blue mole. My doctor is not able to tell me what it is. Anyone have the same thing? Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My dh has a few. From being stabbed with writeing utensels back from school days...Maybe your just special..
    :o)
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• OMG! I seriously have a red dot on the inside of the ring finger on my right hand. It looks like I stuck myself with a pin but it never healed. It's SO weird, it doesn't hurt or anything. I think it's just a weird pigmentation thing, but it's cool to know that I'm not the only one with weird skin issues :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• when you were small did you ever step on a pencil? graphite pencil lead can stay in your skin if it breaks off. it's not harmful. I have a spot on my knee where I did that.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I have a birthmark on the back of my shoulder and it is a small bluish green dot. My brother also has one I forgot where ad it is green. I think it's just a really cool birthmark (or a vein maybe that is really visible?) - has never bothered me.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 2:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I have one on my elbow and when I was a teenager my friends told me it was a "witch dot". They "prooved" it to me by sticking a pin in it about 1 inch and I didn't feel a thing. I don't know what it really is, but it's sort of a neat story.
    dsteiner23

Answer by dsteiner23 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Woops - I misspelled proved. My bad.
    dsteiner23

Answer by dsteiner23 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I am the one who posted and I do not recall stepping on anything when I was kid. I was only 2 years old when I was adopted. I cannot recall anything before age 5. So if I did, I do not remember it. Thanks for all the posts! It has helped my curiosity.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2008