confused from the south and the northern pride?

Why do southerns dislike me because im from the north ... its not like that for me up there. well idk about other northerners? .ive never discriminated against them .. they go oh well your a yankee and they have soo much pride of the south.. but why? its not like that for all southerners ... my friend i met down here said that northerns are blunt and loud ... and she said that when they say ya'll come back now .. it actually means dont come back ... im not trying to start anything im just curious? if your southern do you have anything against "yankees" ? were all one country were supposed to love one another:) please dont bash me im just wondering

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You are from the North? Most Northerner's do not talk like that. We pride ourselves on proper dialect. I've never experienced any problems moving down south.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I'm a proud Yankee from Maine and I have many southern friends. The war is over and didn't know this was still going on, but hold your head high and be proud of being a Yankee.........It will be interesting to come back to this question and see the feed back you will get if any from the southern girls.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Good question

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Because they lost the war. Back in the day. That's why they act like that. LOL I am originally from Washington state. Live on Oklahoma now. I'm a Northerner too.

Answer by louise2 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i think alot of northerners make fun of people with deep south accents and assume they're stupid rednecks. so i think it goes both ways. and then again there are people from both sides that could care less too lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• lol im from wisconsin so im as yankee as it gets i guess , but would they be mad it was soo long ago :(
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My family moved to the NE from the South when I was in high school and I was terrified! All my friends had told me that NE was all Yankees and that they were snobs and mean! lol
    I think it is just a difference in style - I've found people in NE to be less superficially friendly & more reserved. And the pace of life is faster. But believe me, those sweet Southern ladies - butter wouldn't melt in their mouths, but watch your back when you turn around (not everyone, but any of you all from the South know what I mean).
    I do know that most Southerners have a big problem with anyone trying to seem dumb putting on a Southern accent.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Heck no, I was born in Louisiana and raised in Ky. and we always meant“ come back " I feel we're very kind and good-nature people. When I moved to Oregon I thought wth, these people are such snobs! Say hi to them, and they look at you like you just took their first born. Was always asked when am I going back, they didn't want me here, LOL But I stayed, figure they could use some good ole southern hospitality :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• No, I don't have anything against people from the north. I just wish that they realized sometimes the way we were raised are different. I know they can very from family to family, but typically people from the north and south were raised different as a whole.
    Anonymous

• really louise, because we lost the war...you really think we still want all that crap going on here in the south

there's your answer op...that's why we Southerners are bitchy to yankees..not all yankees just people like her
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2010