Have you seen these dolls? They actually "give birth", and "nurse" would you buy one for your daughter? adult content

Can you imagine a doll going through pregnancy and birth, with an umbilical cord and a placenta? She even breastfeeds and baby-wears. What am I talking about? MamAmor Dolls.

If you're a natural birth advocate, breastfeeding guru, or baby-wearing addict, these dolls will make you smile. Either as a collector's item or for your child, they present a new, more natural way of looking at doll-play.

Or maybe you're looking for a not entirely anatomically correct way to explain birth and breastfeeding for the soon-to-be Big Sibling? Because trust me, these will explain some ... or at least create some interesting conversation.

You've got to see the doll birth in action!

The dolls start out being pregnant, with their nice big bellies:

How cute is the crocheted undies set? Anyway, when you're ready, Mom doll is going to start giving birth through her elasticized crotch hole!

Or if you prefer to demonstrate a breech or sunny-side-up birth, go right ahead (sorry, I don't think any of them have c-section zippers):

Congratulations, a brand new baby is born! Complete with a snap mouth, and a snap-on, twisted-cord umbilical cord, with attached placenta-blob.

Once you've clamped the umbilical cord and removed it (unless you're going for Lotus Birth, and then leave it on!), and put on baby's custom cloth diaper, baby needs to eat. Fortunately, Mom's nipples are the other side of the snap, so baby can "latch on" with ease! Don't you wish real breastfeeding was that simple?

And when baby's all done being born, diapered, and fed, Mom can strap baby in the custom Rebozo wrap or ring sling and wear baby. And if baby gets hungry? No worries! The mom's clothes all have discreet breastfeeding slits!

Honestly, I'm torn between finding it rather weird and finding these entirely brilliant. After getting over my initial shock, I'm leaning towards brilliant. I want my kids to think of breastfeeding and birth as totally natural, and what better way than to even include it as a normal thing for play? I like the breastfeeding aspect especially, since I don't give my daughter bottles to feed her dolls with.

What do you think of the dolls? Would you buy them?

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• lol..O my them pics are funny!

I think it would be great for exlaining where babies come form especially for pregnant mommy's with young children

when my kids asked, and they were toddlers, they were told the truth..not no stork...baby lives in mommy's belly until they are ready to come out and they come out mommy's vagina....no big whoop...its a natural human state of being : )

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Oh my hell... what crunchy granola Mom came up with that one?!? LOL
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Ewww! Def wouldnt! Maybe for a highschool health class....
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• CREEPY! No I wouldn't!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I LIKE THE DOLLS ! I THINK ITS A GREAT WAY TO EDUCATE ON BREASTFEEDING AND EVERYTHING ELSE ! BUT I HONESTLY DNT KNW IF I WOULD ALLOW MY DAUGHTER 2PLAY WITH THIS AT HER AGE !
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• They were intended to be used as educational tools to teach kids about natural birth and breastfeeding. I work in the childbirth education field and everyone LOVES these dolls. I wouldn't buy ones just because..but I would use one to teach with. Children that are going to be present at a birth (which is NOT that unusual!) need a heads-up about what is going to happen. I don't find it creepy at all! And they are BEAUTIFULLY handmade by a wonderful lady (who I've met many times, she's so sweet!)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 8:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yes I would buy it for a 12 year old girl so that she would not think having sex is soooooo cool. Sad thing is that the dolls do not make the sounds of a woman giving birth or screaming at the top of her lungs when the baby will not stop crying. I would say the dolls would be awesome if only they add in the sounds effect. But just giving birth looks so simple and easy or so the child would think or say when they see this doll with no sound effects.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 8:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• No way would i get that for an 8 y...gross...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 8:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• aww, that is so great! i do have a pregnant boyd's teddy bear and also a dr. boyd's bear that i use to show them what mommy does when she is having her check up. it really helped them alot if they had to come with me....they knew already about the blood pressure, sometimes getting blood drawn, dr. feeling the baby tummy, listening to the baby heartbeat, etc. from my two bears! i would love a doll like that (although i have had all c-sections). it really helps kids to visualize all of the things that you're talking to them about. plus it would be useful in them finding things to do while 'mommy' is nursing 'baby'. i would love a doll like that for my kids!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• o i just read the other mommas replies....i wouldn't give it as a toy lol....i was thinking it was for the mother to show the kids what is going on and going to happen with the new baby.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2010