Cont..Why does she stay?

To all ofyou answering that have left a bad relationship. How long did it take you to get sick and tired? It's been 3 years now. And I understand that I just have to be here and keep my mouth shut. Cause it does only push her away closer to his looser family..(Sorry)
I thank you all for being NICE some find that hard to do on here..Not to say names.
And thanks for your stories and help.
Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• oh my gosh to long. it has been over 15 yrs so i can't say just how long i stayed before i left. i kept going back i guess it was about 5-7 yrs. yeah i wasted a lot of yrs on him. he was in jail about 5 yrs or so and was with another bf but went back to him later. some people learn sooner then others. i think it was easy to be with him then to be alone. then after awhile i just liked being alone. too bad you don't know any real nice guys that maybe she would turn to. although that is not always the brightest thing to do either. she will get over soon. maybe had i read those books sooner and gotten therapy sooner maybe i wouldn't of wasted so many yrs.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We were together for six years and almost five of them were abusive. So, I can't really give you a "time frame" as to what is long enough for your sister because unfortunately, I think this is one of those "judgement call situations" on her part as to when she's had enough and is ready to leave. Sorry that I can't be any more help.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Your welcome,Have a greet day

Answer by louise2 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• YW. Feel free to message me if you'd like to talk as I know it's not easy!!!!

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2008