would you date someone who is 16 yrs older than you?

I met a great guy five months who at the time told me he was 31 with no record, months later I found out that he is actually 41 with a prison background. I was extremely upset because I really liked him and he was sweet, considerate, bought me everything I needed. But now I want to break up with him ...I am now realizing that he is almost a life time older than me. and he has experience way more in life than I have . I think I want someone that I can grow with and experience life together.

naturalmommy25

Asked by naturalmommy25 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Run away!!! Not because of the age difference, because of the lies. That is a big age difference as well, but if he was the right guy, you wouldn't be asking - you know?
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would date someone 16 yrs older.. im married to someone older than that.

BUT.. I WOULD NOT date someone who lied to me about their age, no matter if it was a 1 yr or greater difference, AND that has a prison background...what else is he lying to you about?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It sounds like you have made your own good decision. Congratulations and get on with it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• well, my husband is 18 years older than i am. that to me isn't the dealbreaker here. i wouldn't date someone who lied about not having a record and then find out he had been in prision. so i would break up with him because he lied to me, not because he's older than me.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Probably not. But real issue here is not the age, it is the lying to you about his age and being in prison. Sorry those are deal breakers. Age can be dealt with.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• run girl run!
    brooklynohlordy

Answer by brooklynohlordy at 8:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• no.......go with your gut
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have and will not again. Felt like we where in 2 different worlds. I me and married a man 3 years younger then me. Been married 21 years now. I will go no more then 5 years older I think.

Answer by louise2 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Bottom line...his age doesn't matter...but the fact that he lied to you about it and the prison thing should be deal breakers...I'd get rid of him quick.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would date someone 16 years older.

BUT, I would not date someone who lied to me.

You know what you need to do, now do it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2010