How to make sure I am including my husband enough!

We are young first time parents.I am eleven weeks along right now.We are both very happy and I am researching,reading like crazy!I show him videos of the babies development and keep him posted on what our baby is developing each week so I'm doing my best.I know he feels a little neglected when it comes to the families because I get more inquiries and congrats.How do I make sure he is just as included?

amberfm

Asked by amberfm at 8:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It looks like you are already doing a pretty good job of doing just that.

Answer by older at 8:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• When the baby is born. Hand him the kid. Then he will be included. He did his part by geting you pregnant. Their is not much he can do now but go get you thing when your are not feeling good or doing house work for you. Tell their is a baby to take care of he has no part in it . JMO

Answer by louise2 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My hubby doted on me when I was pg. I often asked him for help and he often went on errands to sooth my cravings and was always able to take care of me when I was sick. I think that was his way of feeling included... Towards the end, he would take long walks with me, he took all prenatal classes with me, he had the stop watch ready when I was having contractions, and after she was born, I bf and he did diapers. I never gave him a chance not to feel included!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 8:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• First of all, men rarely enjoy the planning and researching that we do while pregnant. They like a sentence or two each week about what is going on, but that is about it. (For that reason, I make a pregnancy "count down" with a sentence or two per week. Each week we tear off that week on the count down and read the couple sentences together. That is about as much baby talk as he can stand.) If family and friends are failing to congratulate him, there is nothing you can really do. You can, however, include him in the big doctor appointments if he wants to go. Men typically like registering, too. When our first was born, I let hubby pick the stoller/playpen/etc. pattern. He really enjoyed being able to have complete say in something.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:50 AM on Dec. 13, 2010