how often do trim your hair if your growing it long?

i use to have short hair. i loved it. but now i want long hair. my hair was just abt at my bra strap. in june i got a horrible hair cut. THE MAN GAVE ME A TAIL. so to make it look normal. i had to cut like 5 inches off. i was slightly sad. anywys i got a good trim in late sep. i know i need a trim. kinda of dont want to spend the money.
HOW OFTEN DO U TRIM CUT YOUR HAIR. if u are growing it.
every 6 wks once every two months 3 times year? thank u

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I try to go every 6 weeks but I'd say more realistically w/ my schedule I end up going about every 2 months, she just shapes it up and thins my hair out b/c it's so thick. It just makes it feem more managable to me.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• technically you should trim every 6-8 weeks. I have been broke so my hair is growing out. I have not had a hair cut in over a year. It could look a lot worse!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• my hair grows very slow. i get the ends trimmed only if they look really bad. for me it's probably the 3x a year
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It's good to trim your hair about a quarter of an inch every 6 weeks or so. After awhile, it'll be even. Once it's even, keep trimming it. I don't remember why, but trimming your hair regularly helps it grow.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2010