7 weeks preg. with sinus pressure in head

had it for over a week now..is there n e thing i can do for it???
i know i cant no meds while preg. someone told me to hold my head over steaming water ??

leAnn21

Asked by leAnn21 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Health

• yes, you can do that, or sleep with a vaporizer in your bedroom. you can also flush out your sinuses with saline spray or drops (they're right in the pharmacy or grocery store where the cold/allergy remedies are). you could also get a neti (i think that is how you spell it) pot and that does basically the same thing. flush out your sinuses with saline water. it really does work very well.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• ty so much!
    leAnn21

Comment by leAnn21 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Get a neti pot and use it in the shower. They sell them at  Wal-Mart and most drug stores.  Whenever I was sick, I'd eat a ton of garlic (you can even cut a clove in half and swallow both pieces like pills) because it has antibiotic/antiviral properties.

"As an antimicrobial, garlic seems to have a broad action. It displays antibiotic, antifungal, and antiviral properties and is reportedly effective against many flu viruses and herpes simplex (the virus responsible for cold sores). You may add garlic liberally to soups, salad dressing, and casseroles during the winter months to help prevent colds, or eat garlic at the first hint of a cold, cough, or flu. Garlic reduces congestion and may help people with bronchitis to expel mucus."

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/herbal-remedies/garlic-herbal-remedies.htm

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I love the neti pot! I give them as gifts

Answer by admckenzie at 9:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My doctor said I could take sudafed. It was the orange box, I don't remember what kind it was for sure but it was safe and I had to use it.
    brimarie

Answer by brimarie at 2:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My hubby has bad allergies and will take a hot shower and let the water stream onto his face. He looks like he feels better when done.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 2:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010