what to do?

My dd has a birthday in February, and not sure what to do? I am the type of gal does not head for the toy store right away, I like to keep money in the bank account. LOL Any ideas?shrugging

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 8:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What do you mean? What do you get her? How old is she?
    Mandiii04

Answer by Mandiii04 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• my son is turning 3 in feb. last year his party got snowed out lol. this year i got him a set of blocks with architectural features printed on them so he can build a real castle like he's always pretending to do with his other blocks. i don't buy my kids alot of toys or gifts. one or two gifts that they absolutely love and are obsessed with are much better than 20 toys that they feel so-so about.  so my advice is get her something that she will absolutely love!

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I agree, just think of 1 - 2 things she would really enjoy for more than a day. You can also look into going to a local zoo, aquarium, children's museum, etc. How old is your child? Don't sweat it too much. Your love and attention is more important than a party and tons of gifts.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My dd birthday is 5 days before Christmas and we've always made sure to have a separate party for her aside from Christmas. This year she wanted to have it ON Christmas so we planned that - only to have her change her mind! But we are letting her have a friend over and we're going someplace fun. Like the others said - your time and attention are the gifts she will truly want and remember. How old is she? If she is just little then you can have a little cake and just one or two small gifts. You dn't have to go all out. My b-day is in February too and I remember small parties with just my family at home. No major gifts - we couldn't afford a lot - but I remember my mom always made a cake and we celebrated as a family.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I am confused. What age is the child you are buying for and are you saying you don't like to spend money at all for a gift or wait until closer to the birthday? If you are firm on saving money, why not make one of her gifts a savings bond or a savings account with money in it? Depending on her age, I would not make that her only gift. I would be sure to get her some age appropriate gifts as well. Good luck to you.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 1:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Not sure what your question is. What kind of party to have? What kind of gift to buy? I would love to help, but just don't know exactly what you are asking.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• What kind of things does she like?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010