Need help "retraining" 3 1/3 year old to (poop) in potty..

she has a history of constipation...takes Miralax every day...went back to pull ups because I got tired of throwing out underwear...we sit on potty after breakfast and dinner, but she just can't/won't push it out...any advice would be great! Thanks!

skyemp

Asked by skyemp at 8:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I woul make sure you dont make potty training a chore..(not saying you are I dont know) make it something they get to decide to do...(not saying your not) Also try letting her sit alone on the potty while your close by but not looking....As an adult I can hardly go in public.. so maybe she is shy to do it with you right there. GL!!!!
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• thanks for answering.. :) I try not to make a big deal out of it, but it's getting so frustrating...I don"t mind that she goes or cleaning her up, until it goes up to the "front"...That's when all the screaming starts (from her)..I'm sure that it hurts when we have to clean her there...she's had 3 urinary tract infections in about 4 months because of this (we think). ...I've come to the conclusion that it's now a behavior issue..she will go all day without going, but as soon as we put pants on her, she goes in them. She's not afraid of the potty..she has no problem urinating...as a matter of fact, she's been sitting on it for the last 20 minutes She's actually closer to 4 years old too...
    skyemp

Comment by skyemp (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010