Is there a book out there or some advise on what to expect when expecting round 2??

I am pregnant with baby number two only 9 weeks. I don't remeber being so big in my stomach area as fast. With my daugher I was my normal size it seemed for a long time and then one day my pants were to big..with this one I am noticing my boobs are ready to pop out of my shirts before anything else...pants sizes are getting slim pickings in what I do have in my closet and my lower abdomin feels like its stretching and pulling...with my daugher I was naseous all the time and this one other then feeling like a emotional blob with sensative smell that just wants to sleep.....I'm sure this is all normal its just really different from my first pregnancy....

Lucky_Mommy02

Asked by Lucky_Mommy02 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I heard that you show faster and look bigger with number two. And I also heard you don't always have the same symptoms with number two. Can't say from experience, but from all of my friends, this is the case.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 8:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• All normal, mum. I'm on Round 2 too. I think you'll find that you're expecting a boy too :D But that's just a hunch on my part. I wasn't nauseous at all with my DS 3 years ago, but this time around my sense of smell was stronger, and I got sick more often (I was only sick once with DS.) I started showing a little earlier, but gained weight later the second time around. My breasts were tender and already starting to get bigger this time by the time I was 4 weeks in. Your breasts, because they've already gone through it, are likely not to grow as much as they did the first time around, but they will still fill out more and feel more tender. Good luck, and congrats!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Your second pregnancy can be much different from your first. Just as each child is different, each pregnancy is different. Even though I had been through a pregnancy before, I was still asking friends "is this normal?" because it was so different from my first pregnancy. It's all good, it's all normal, it's just different.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Omgsh when I was pregnant with #2 I blew up to like the size of a 6 month pregnant woman by 8 weeks, I swear, lol. I was so sure i was having twins, Then I just stayed that size for a long time.

If there's one thing i learned about having a second child ... if you think you know it all from the first, you don't know nothin! LOL. I was so sure it would all come so easy, especially the parenting part, but you're a whole new parent to a whole new kid, and there's definitely a learning curve even though you've done it already.

Congrats, I highly suggest you get/read The Baby Book by Dr. Sears.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I also got big really fast with my second. I also had a lot more aches and pains but my boys are also really close together (13 months) so I don't think my body was ready. My pregnancy overall was totally different. I thought for sure it was a girl the second time but nope, another boy. They do have totally different personalities though. Oh, and my third pregnancy was even different yet, that one turned out to be the girl.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• There really aren't books (that I've found, and I've read a lot) for pregnancy beyond the first. Some do have little clauses for "if this isn't your first" thrown in there. But every pregnancy is so different, I feel like I need to reread the books even on baby #4. Partially because you experience something new each time and partially because you forget.
    My favorite reads while pregnant are "Your Pregnancy Week by Week." It provides enough information on maternal and fetal changes that is stays new each time. I also like "The Natural Pregnancy Handbook." I also like to read "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" because I like all the birth stories and positive encouragement. The Dr. Sears Pregnancy Book is good, but a bit dated and no pictures. I also have the Babycenter Guide to Pregnancy book, and it is okay, but more for a first time mom.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:45 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Awesome thank you so much ladies for your reply now I feel a bit more normal lol. I figured there wouldn't be any books out there for round two. I do have the pregnancy bible I have been re-reading as well as what to expect when expecting and some others that I will just refreshin myself on then lol. I think this one is a boy thats for sure at least that is how I feel about this one. Not that I am complaining I did and still do want a boy the second time around. We will see once I find out officially. Thank you again.
    Lucky_Mommy02

Comment by Lucky_Mommy02 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2010