I have an left ovarian cyst and feeling so tired-could I have anemia or low white cell count???

I had anemia in the past-about 20 years ago. I have sjogren's syndrome,gout and with that they have been keeping an eye on my white blood cell count-it has been low in the past, my legs feel weak and my fingers go numb at times in my right side. I got an ultrasound at Thanskgiving and told me to come back on Jan, 4th, but I really want to call the dr. next week and see if they can see me.

Oncloud8

Asked by Oncloud8 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Health

• The cyst alone can make you very tired and rundown feeling, but it is very possible that you have anemia again; of course only a doctor can tell you that. Also believe it or not ovarian cysts, anemia & low white count can be connected with one another. It's actually really good that they are keeping track of your white count. I was also going to ask if they are keeping an eye on your potassium level? Because of my health probs I've dealt with anemia & have had major problems with my potassium, the anemia of course always makes me tired. But when my potassium is off I'll have symptoms such as; my legs feel weak and my fingers/arms & even thighs will go numb or feel tingly. If I were you I would go ahead & see if your doc can get you in sooner, ecspecially with the holiday coming up. I would rather see him now, instead of taking the risk that something might happen when he's gone for the holidays and harder to contact.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 4:52 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Sounds like low anemia but we can never tell you for sure only a doctor can
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I don't see how one has to do with the other. I have had ovarian cysts but it wasn't connected with anemia or low white cell count

Answer by admckenzie at 9:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2010