Any one know a trick?

anyone know a trick on how to sooth a fussy newborn?

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 9:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a bouncy seat that had a vibrate mode. One of my kids slept in there more than his crib.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Have them sit in your arms with their back to your stomach and them facing outwards. They need to be in a sitting position and move them back and forth pretty much rock them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• lots of ways. One of the best that worked for me was laying my son down on his stomach, whether on my lap, chest, or on a blanket. Always supervised. He had gas that he had a hard time moving, and the pressure on his stomach always helped. Try changing the temperature in the room. If it's warm, open a window alittle and cool it down, if it's cool, turn the heat up, or move closer to a heat source. Make sure diaper's changed, baby's fed, burped, etc. Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Feed them, swaddle them, give them something to suck on, put them belly down on your arm (football hold) and rock them vigorously while making a shhh sound or put the TV on static
    You could also put them in a sling and carry them around.
    Hope something helps
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 9:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Buy the book The Happiest Baby on the Block. The techniques in the book are like magic if you do them correctly. Get it ASAP. It should be required reading for parents in my opinion! (There is also a DVD.)
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• The Happiest Baby on the Block is actually a good book. I recommend the DVD though, cause the book is a little boring, lol. the DVD is really good. It actually works sometimes. One thing that almost ALWAYS works for my kids is taking them outside in a sling. Also, make sure the fusiness is not related to a health problem such as a dairy allergy, GERD, or acid reflux.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• bouncy seat! rocking! a car ride!! always did the trick with my dd! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Figure out why they're fussy. I'm not trying to be a smart ass though. I say that because the solution is soo much easier to apply when you know the issue. Most babies do not just fuss because they can fuss, there's always a reason. Whether they're too hot, too cold, gassy, hungry, dirty, not feeling well, etc. If they're Gassy lay them on their back and gently rock their knees to and from their chest. Giving them a warm bath also helps as well. If they're too hot or too cold, well I'm sure you can figure out the solution to that one. Ha! Not feeling well is a little harder to diagnose in infants, so the solution to that may be a little harder to find.

Just go through the motions .. Sometimes they just want to be snuggled and sung to. The soothing sound of mom and dad's voice (even if you can't sing) really helps calm them down. Pat their back or their butt as they lay on your shoulder (or in your arms) and just sing.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2010