"Angel" or "Giving" Tree

How many people are donating some of there time and money to give another kid a good christmas?

2murphyboys

Asked by 2murphyboys at 9:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• My kids are on the tree this year. The first time and I am upset about it. I have donated in the past.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Why be upset? If you've donated in the past you've earned it.
    2murphyboys

Comment by 2murphyboys (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I've done the Angel tree thing before-actually have not seen one of the trees in a couple of years.
    This year -the kids' high school classes adopted families or kids-so we donated 10 dollars (toward a bike)and a coloring book/colored pencils to one and bought a pair of shoes and a spongebob game/puzzle combo thing for another kid and I have also donated a dollar here and a dollar there to different things

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Our 4 H group decided to donate gifts instead of exchanging for their C-mas party and it will go to the schools needy family program then I have 2 friends in need of help this year so we are helping them and we have a local angel tree as well we will get a few kids off of.

I had to be helped when my daughter was about 2 and i cant ever pay that forward enough.

And it is devastating to need help if you have some pride, it was for me but just when you get back on your feet pay it forward.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I do both, I try to donate a little to each charity as much as I can in hopes that it finds the people who need it the most.
    jujusmama01

Answer by jujusmama01 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010