army boot camp?

i was wondering if someone went into the army for machinery, how long would there boot camp thing be? someone told me 3 mths then someone else told me 6mths. i would just like to know its important to me...

sprtchic13

Asked by sprtchic13 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Boot camp is always somewhere from 7-10 weeks. If he goes to a military school for machinery afterwards, it would be 3-6 months. As far as I know they don't learn their "trades" in boot camp.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• They have the regular boot camp that everybody has. You have to look up their specialty and see how long their MOS is. MOS=Military Occupational Speciality
    Anonymous

• (my husband is Navy by the way...)
    DusterMommy

• army boot camp is 9 weeks no matter what your job is. ait is longer or shorter depending on the job.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I wonder how many military wives we have here. Also, nice to see a "normal" question, lol.
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 2:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Hi, :) Don't wanna sound like a jerk BUT, the Marines do boot camp. The ARMY does Basic Training. After basic training they go to AIT and that teaches them their trade or MOS (nicely covered by dustermommy). That is what takes so long, and it can vary depending on the career chosen.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 2:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• oh yea i knew that evilabbysmom, i just really want to know. how do you find out how long their MOS is? the army website? and how long is the AIT thing? oh im not a military wife i just have a good friend that left. and glad you like the "normal" question SLCMOMMY. whats the time span?
    sprtchic13

Answer by sprtchic13 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You can contact an Army recruiter and ask how long the schooling is. They'll tell you.

lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 5:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My DH's MOS is Carpentry...he was there only seven weeks. Goarmy.com has the length of AIT I believe, but you can always contact a recruiter. Although be ready, they will try to recruit you too!lol.
    TrevorsMommy03

Answer by TrevorsMommy03 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2008